• Sunday School – Children’s Sunday School starts every Sunday morning at 9:45. At First Baptist, we have two age graded classes to meet the specific developmental and spiritual stages of children.
• Children 1 is for grades 1 through 3. The younger children are taught through a Bible lesson, the use of posters, crafts, discussion, games, and other interactive learning methods to help boys and girls learn about the Lord and the love of Jesus. Children are presented with the plan of salvation, as well as challenged to share their faith with friends and family.
• Children 2 The older children/pre-teens are taught through a Bible lesson, the use of posters, crafts, discussion, games, and other interactive learning methods to help boys and girls learn about the Lord and the love of Jesus. Children are presented with the plan of salvation, as well as challenged to share their faith with friends and family.
What is the TeamKID Club?
A TeamKID Club is a group of 30 or fewer children led by a head coach and at least one coach who use the TeamKID resources to enhance spiritual growth. The resources provide churches with many suggestions and ideas about setting up and running a TeamKID club.
Why is the KID capitalized in TeamKID?
The KID stands for Kids in Discipleship. Discipling children is the goal of TeamKID.
What happens in a TeamKID meeting?
TeamKID is designed for children to do more than memorize Scripture. It helps children understand what the verses they memorize mean because all parts of the TeamKID meeting focus on one Bible message. The noncompetitive games, Bible story, memory verse, missions, refreshments, and conclusion all contribute to help children understand and apply God’s Word to their lives.
A TeamKID meeting has six parts with each one flowing into the next to keep the pace moving with non-stop energy:
- WARM-UP is the opening activity that begins as soon as the first child arrives at TeamKID.
- WORKOUT includes energized, interactive Bible study as children hear or experience a Bible story, learn the meaning of a Bible verse, apply Bible truths to their lives, sing, and pray.
- REACH OUT uses either the missions DVD, missions activities, or mission action projects to teach children about missions around the world.
- STRETCHING is when children work on learning the memory verse.
- THE TOURNAMENT is a time to run, play, and laugh with fun games and activities that reinforce the Bible study.
- COOL DOWN is the final few minutes of the meeting and includes refreshments and a review of what children have learned.